The Contact Us Page
This is probably the more difficult page to reach that 250 word minimum. An address and a few phone numbers seem about the only things necessary for a Contact Us page. However, here are some topics to inspire more content:
- Explain Why. One of the first things you want to express to your visitors is why they should feel inclined to contact your company. Brainstorm problems they may have that your company can help with. Visitors want to be assured that you can help.
- Add a Call-to-Action. Once your visitors have a clear understanding of the problems your company can solve for them, give them a call-to-action button. This is the most vital content on the page because it provokes visitors to take action through your website. This can include a phone call, an email, or a filled-out form that is sent directly to your inbox.
- Add a List of News Articles/Blogs. You want your visitors to understand what your company is all about. By giving them brief summaries of what you’ve been doing lately, they will have ideas on how your work will provide solutions to what they need, and again, why they should contact you.
- Provide Social Media Links. An extra way to add content is by summarizing what you post to your social media channels and how your visitors can stay updated with all the latest information by following you. This not only lets your company gain more followers but it’s also simply another way to easily fill up space with pertinent information on your Contact Us page.
The About Us Page
It’s very easy to get caught up in industry jargon for your About Us page. However, the new trend in content writing includes storytelling. Industry jargon makes you appear smart, but you want to stand out to your competitors by replacing that voice with more authentic content.
- Share Your Story. Be relatable. Share the story of how your company got started and what it took to become the company it is today. Make your voice friendly and real because the more relatable your content is, the more likely your visitors will choose you over the voice of your robotic-sounding competitors.
- Change Your Voice. Your content does not have to be formal in order to gain prospective trust. We’re not saying be super informal and incorporate slang, but at least make your voice sound like it’s not coming from a stiff automation system.
- Add Photos. Visual support for your story will go a long way. Add historical company photos or even current ones that help illustrate your story and make it more personable. Imagery on any web page creates an engaging effect as opposed to simply having text.
The key to making your website stand out is the level of creativity in your content. Want the experts to do the writing for you? Contact Informatics today and all you’ll have to do is sit back and approve the pages we innovatively create.