Informatics is a progressive, award-winning web agency specializing in developing awesome custom web applications, state of the art media production, and delivering high availability, private cloud, and quality managed clustered hosting, at multiple data centers where your innovation and creativity can make an impact every day!
As a creative technology leader in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Corridor, we work with a variety of local and national name-brand clients. Our performance-based business model has been shaped by mutually beneficial long-term relationships and positions us to work in close partnership with many dynamic and compelling companies and organizations.
Our company is growing. Our industry is growing. Our opportunities are growing. And our people are growing. The fact is, when you work at Informatics, the opportunities for professional development have few boundaries. We hire people who are excited about learning, the opportunity to make a difference, and desire to be a strong and successful leader. Our most important investments are always our employees.
We currently have an opening for an onsite Writer & Storyteller. In this capacity, you will work in close partnership with members of the Informatics Media Department, clients and other team members to research, verify, write, proof, and edit content for video and audio campaigns to support client websites, content channels, social media platforms, blogs and more.
You must enjoy working with clients and providing outstanding customer service, have research and copywriting skills, be highly organized, with the ability to synthesize information and produce results. You should also be able juggle multiple projects, meeting deadlines and delivering high quality, professional work products with minimal supervision.
This position does not support telecommuting and requires you to be onsite in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have the following background, skill set and qualities:
- A passion for the written and spoken word
- Ability to vary styles of writing to support project goals
- Above average, effective communication (written and oral)
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- Strong organizational, project management, and time-management skills
- Ability to hone effective messages for desired outcomes and targeted audiences
- Continuous learning, especially evolving internet trends
- Ability to innovate and improve processes
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Able to take projects from start to finish
- Highly responsible and self-directed; requires minimal supervision
- Strongly committed to continual professional self-improvement and evolving internet and media communication trends.
- Experience using Final Draft highly desired
- Familiarity with video production workflow highly desired; may be called upon to assist with all aspects of media production
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description may evolve to support business needs
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution with major in Marketing, Communications or Journalism preferred
- Three plus (3+) years of applicable professional experience
- Authorized to work in the United States
Informatics has a very robust benefits plan in order to care for our people and their families. We offer excellent benefits including a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance; work in a team-oriented, casual environment. Great Downtown location with parking stipend, new modern/urban office where we like to have fun while we work. We also have a lot of in-office perks including an espresso machine, snack bar, weekly meals, beer cart Friday and much more.
If you have what it takes and would like to be part of this expanding, fast-paced, and exciting industry, we'd like to hear from you. If interested, please submit the following three items (all required for further consideration).
- Cover letter that describes how you alone will rise Informatics above its competitors
- Salary history
- Resume or CV
We look forward to hearing from you!
Informatics is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.