Site speed may seem like a minor element as you wade through optimizing your content, meta descriptions, alt tags, and other SEO elements. But if your page isn’t fast, your bounce rates will increase and you will lose out on conversions.
In the digital world, faster is always better. According to Akamai and Gomez.com surveys, nearly half of web users expect a site to load in 2 seconds or less, and they tend to abandon a site that isn’t loaded within 3 seconds. Often these same users will complain to friends about their poor experience. So there goes your potential visitors too. If you don’t take our word for it check out some of these stats:
- A one second delay in load time leads to 11% fewer page views, 16% decrease in customer satisfaction and 7% loss in conversions.
- If a page takes 8+ seconds to load, visitors will spend only 1% of their time on page looking at primary banner content.
- 79% of shoppers who have trouble with web site performance say they won’t return to the site to buy again.
- 44% of visitors will develop a negative image of the company if the site crashes or the load time is poor.
- According to Doubleclick, sites that load in 5 seconds vs 19 seconds observed: 25% higher ad viewability (and) 70% longer average sessions (and) 35% lower bounce rates.
Still not convinced? Google is focused on ranking sites with a heavy emphasis on mobile experience. According to research from Doubleclick the average load time for mobile sites is 19 seconds over 3G connections. This means the pressure is on for both Mobile and Desktop experiences to be enhanced because if you don’t make it a priority, your competitors will and Google will rank them higher.
Take initiative and increase your site’s speed. As professionals, we work around the clock to be sure your site is delivering a fully optimal experience, contact us today to learn more!