In today's world, it would be difficult finding a business that doesn't have some type of website. With over 3.5 billion searches on Google per day, even the most tech illiterate understands the importance of having an online presence. While having a website is a great first step, having a website alone doesn't mean that you're automatically going to stand apart from your competitors. This is where a company blog can help.
"It's too much work." "Who would write it?" "What would we write about?" "It's not important, we don't need one."
Yes, starting a blog for your business can seem overwhelming and for many companies over time it can fall lower and lower on the priority list. But while the hours that go into it might not seem worthwhile, there are a wide variety of benefits that quickly outweigh any potential negatives.
7 Reasons why you need a blog
- Establishes authority: While you know that you and your co-workers are experts, people new to your brand or visiting your website for the first time don't know that. Blogs work to not only position yourself as a subject matter expert, but they also provide the chance for your team to continue to do additional research about new topics or changes to current ones.
- Builds engagement: A blog is a great vehicle to start creating a conversation with your audience. Here you can provide important information in a more casual setting while asking questions from your readers. Whether you're looking for specific feedback on a particular blog topic or something more general, it can open the door to allow your readers to be heard.
- Helps your SEO: Blogs are great in increasing your website's search engine rankings. They're perfect for keywords, they provide an exceptional opportunity to update your website with fresh content, and they help meet the needs, and answer questions, of those visiting your website.
- Drives traffic to your website: As people search for topics (like why they need a blog), your blog will appear in the search results, bringing them to your website. Make it easy for them to find other relevant blogs by cross linking or featuring related blogs in a sidebar on your website.
- Keeps your audience updated: Usually there isn't a dedicated space on a company website where you can easily share news and updates about the company. Blogs give you that space. Now you have the ability to connect with customers as you share all the important details of your big news.
- Provides social media content: Not only will you want to share your blog on all your social platforms once it's written, but you can re-share older blogs as a way of getting more visibility on them. This evergreen content is content that continues to be shareable and relevant throughout the years.
- Increases trust for your brand: Blogs give you the chance to truly go in-depth about a product or service you offer along with addressing concerns or answering questions from your audience. This analysis works to separate you from your competitors and helps introduce a reason why consumers should choose you for their service.
While it once might have been an added bonus, having a blog for your business has quickly become necessary in order to keep up with your competitors. Not sure where to start? Let the experts at Informatics help! Contact us today to get started.