Link Building is a very important aspect of your SEO campaign. Today’s blog will explain what link building is and how to go about it. You may find that some of these steps are easier than others. Start with the simpler tasks and remember that Informatics is here 24/7 to assist with your link building ventures.
What is Link Building?
- Actions taken to increase the number and quality of inbound links to your website.
- Search engines, like Google and Bing, use links as votes. The more sites linking back to yours, the better your site appears.
- Search engines do use complex algorithms, however, so that quality of links matter as well.
- Link building is vital to achieving high organic search rankings.
How to Go About Link Building
Get customers to link to you
- Ask your loyal customers to link to your website via their own.
Start a company blog
- Utilize links in your own blog to drive traffic back to your site.
Create content worthy of viral sharing and natural linking
- Interesting and informative content on your website and your blog will encourage people to reference those sites and link back to them.
Find relevant directories
- Directories, such as Open Directory Project and Yahoo! Directory, will host your information and direct people to your site via links.
Link to your website on your social media
- Your social media sites are perfect for providing inbound links to your site. Plus, you control them!
Use keywords in anchor text
- The anchor text, or keyword containing the link, matters. Make sure your anchor text is a keyword consistent with what the link leads to.
Utilize your connections
- High-trust domains, like Universities and non-profits, will significantly boost your ranking by linking to you.
Link Building is an important yet complex part of SEO. If you do not have the time or resources to take on your company’s link building campaign, a third party SEO team, like Informatics Inc., can help.