Informatics is a progressive, award-winning web agency specializing in developing awesome custom web applications, state of the art media production, and delivering high availability, private cloud, and quality managed clustered hosting, at multiple data centers where your leadership and experience can make an impact every day!
As a technology leader in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Corridor, we work with a variety of local and national name-brand clients. Our performance-based business model has been shaped by mutually beneficial long-term relationships and positions us to work in close partnership with many dynamic and compelling companies and organizations.
Our company is growing. Our industry is growing. Our opportunities are growing. And our people are growing. The fact is, when you work at Informatics, the opportunities for professional development have few boundaries. We hire people who are excited about learning, the opportunity to make a difference, and desire to be a strong and successful leader. Our most important investments are always our employees.
We currently have an opening for an onsite Full Stack Developer. In this capacity, you will be a member of a development team that is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining secure and easy to use web applications. You must enjoy working with clients giving outstanding customer satisfaction, have analytical and problem-solving skills, be highly organized, and be able to conduct research, synthesize information, and produce results. You should also be able juggle multiple projects, meeting deadlines and delivering high quality, professional work products with minimal supervision.
This position does not support telecommuting and requires you to be onsite in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have the following background, skill set and qualities:
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and time-management skills.
- The ability to understand requirements and write efficient, succinct and effective code.
- Strong knowledge of server-side programming languages (like .NET/PHP).
- Robust web development skills in HTML5, CSS, and various frameworks.
- A solid understanding of the latest web standards and security trends.
- Strong knowledge of SQL queries, stored procedures, and working knowledge of MSSQL and MySQL.
- Proficient ability to apply style guides creatively while upholding usability and in-house standards.
- Effective communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Consistently meet deadlines while operating in a team environment.
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimum supervision.
- Always looking to innovate and improve processes.
- Strong knowledge of building and consuming API’s (SOAP, Restful, etc.)
- Open to learning new programming languages and technologies.
- Dedicated to continuous learning.
- MVC is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Informatics, or related field or equivalent experience is required (bachelor’s preferred).
- A minimum of two years professional web development experience required.
Informatics has a very robust benefits plan where some employees are fully covered! We offer excellent benefits including a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance; work in a team-oriented, casual environment. Great Downtown location with parking stipend, new modern/urban office and more. We also have a lot of in-office perks including an espresso machine, snack bar, weekly meals, beer cart Friday and much more.
If you have what it takes and would like to be part of this expanding, fast-paced, and exciting industry, we'd like to hear from you.
If interested, please submit the following three items to firstname.lastname@example.org (all required for further consideration).
- Cover letter that describes how you alone will rise Informatics above its competitors
- Salary history
- Resume or CV
We look forward to hearing from you!
Informatics is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.