Are you familiar with the biggest marketing trend of 2016? We are talking about mobile optimization, of course! Here we cover the 5 things you need to know about mobile optimization this year.
We have been saying it for a couple years now but having a mobile-friendly website is an absolute must in 2016. One way to do so is with responsive design. Responsive design refers to a website that dynamically resizes to fit the width of the device or browser that it is being displayed on. Ensure that your site is mobile-friendly and configured correctly by using this Mobile-Friendly Test. Because of this, your mobile marketing strategy requires search engine optimization (SEO) techniques of its own. To stay in Google’s good graces, optimize your site for local search with these tips:
- Make contact info and addresses visible in mobile format
- Use local keywords and phrases throughout your site content, Page Titles and Meta Descriptions.
- Include localized terms along with the descriptions of the services you offer
- Ask Customers how they found you
Advertising specifically for mobile devices is a great way to reach new customers. We recommend experimenting with video pre-roll and/or Google AdWords’ text ads in 2016. Through AdWords you can target and exclude categories and keywords, demographics, interests and more. Plus, you only pay when a viewer watches your video!
Geolocation refers to the act of targeting your consumers by their location. This can include check-in apps like Facebook and Foursquare, local searches, as well as push notifications.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started with geolocation:
- Geomarketing: show advertisements or location-based details to sell your services.
- Special Offers: offer in store sales, discounts or coupons that are only available when a customer checks in at your location.
- Make sure your business is active on Google+ (MyBusiness), Facebook, FourSquare, Yelp and other location-based services.
Looks like you should have all the tools you need to get started! If you need assistance with mobile optimization in 2016, please contact Informatics.