Major online e-commerce websites have completely changed the way we view shopping. After years of crowded stores and long checkout lines, we can now get most of our necessities from the comfort of our home. With such a drastic shift in shopping mentality, how has your business adjusted? You've most likely set up a website, done some basic optimization, and maybe even ran some Facebook or Google Ads. But has this been enough to give your brand the exposure you want?
Instead of fighting against major online shopping websites like Amazon, join them. No matter what size of business you have, you're now able to get exposure and sell your products on the Amazon Marketplace. With 100 million+ Amazon Prime subscribers, your business can join the largest online shopping platform in the world. So how does it work?
Selling with Amazon
The first thing you'll want to do is decide on a selling plan and choose which product categories your items best fit within. You can select between an Individual or Professional selling plan based on how many products you're planning to sell each month. The individual package charges a fee for every item sold, where the professional package is one flat monthly fee. Both packages do however have variable fees based on the type of item sold.
After selecting the selling plan you wish to use, all that's left is to simply list, sell, ship, and get paid!
- List - Bring your brand to the most popular shopping network in the world. You can list products already listed on Amazon or new original ones.
- Sell - After one of your products is purchased, you will be notified that payment has been sent.
- Ship - Once notified, you'll either ship the item yourself or let Amazon do the work with the Fulfillment by Amazon plan.
- Get Paid - Now reap the benefits of your efforts and get paid! Amazon will even directly deposit payments into your bank account.
Benefits of the Amazon Marketplace
- New Selling Channel - Discover untapped selling potential with the largest online shopping retailer.
- Build Brand Awareness - Gain exposure for your business by putting your brand in front of millions of daily shoppers.
- Easy to Use - For businesses big and small, allow Amazon to help with meticulous charging and shipping tasks.
Although it sounds very simple, many sellers have seen great returns on the exposure they gain from being on Amazon alone. For smaller businesses, bringing your products into such a major market can be a game changer. If you have any questions or are having troubles getting started, be sure to contact the marketing specialists at Informatics today!