When it comes to creating content for your social media profiles or website, one of the most difficult parts is coming up with new and exciting ways to keep your audience engaged. Unfortunately what might have worked perfectly when you first created your website two years ago, probably isn't going to continue to work. This is why it's so important that you continue to adopt and implement new techniques, trends, and ways of communicating.
Thankfully one trend that you can continue to rely on is video. With 78% of people watching online videos every week and 55% watching them every day, it's clear that video is here to stay. But with so many brands utilizing it, how do you stand apart? By making it your own through animation and motion graphics! As a powerful tool, this medium isn't just for tv or movies.
5 Reasons You Should Use Animation & Motion Graphics
- Great for conversions: It's no secret that people have short attention spans and that you have mere moments to capture that as they visit your website. Videos in general do a great job of this, but animation in particular not only helps keep people on your page longer but it also creates positive feelings that helps give viewers the push they need to respond to your call to action.
- Used to simplify complicated topics: There's a reason that YouTube is the second largest search engine. According to a HubSpot study, 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of a video. Animation can bring to life certain topics in a way that writing can't. Instead of spending days writing answers to frequently asked questions, try showing them through animations. Every element is within your control, so you'll be able to share your message with complete clarity.
- Entertaining and memorable: Besides being a search engine, when you think of Google what's one of the first things you think of? Is it their logo doodles? These animations beg you to not only spend a little extra time on their webpage as you click and watch, but they also help unlock a sense of joy and wonder. Whether they're a simple video or a more interactive experience, people remember them.
- Cuts through the noise: With so many brands and businesses utilizing video, it's important to do it in a way that's going to stand out. Animation and motion graphics are not only visually stimulating, but they provide that extra pop that's going to set you apart from what your competitors are doing with traditional video.
- Unique to your brand: Choose what fonts you want, what colors you want, create certain characters that you use time and time again. Want your narrator to be a seal? They can be a seal! What about a talking rock? That's no problem! Whatever vision you have for your brand can easily be brought to life quickly
Trying something new can be intimidating, but the internet moves so fast it's important that you test in order to see what stands out. Feel free to start small with your plan, a simple motion graphic on a social media post. If people are engaging, you can move up to larger animated videos that you share on your website. Still find yourself with questions on how to get started or need help creating your first video? Contact the experts at Informatics. We would love to help animate your vision.