Whether you own a decades-old auto repair shop or you've just opened your own retail store, your website is built with the direct goal to convert your audience into customers. It does this through building your brand, providing information about your company and company values, offering further details about your services or products, and providing multiple calls to action throughout. But even the most stunning website in the world can have difficulty during this conversion process. This is where a customized landing page can help!
A landing page is a standalone web page that visitors "land" on after clicking a link from an external source, such as an email, social media post, pay-per-click ad, etc. These one-of-a-kind pages are built to serve a focused purpose with a single goal or call to action. It's common for businesses to create landing pages to show off a special offer, discuss further information, or feature certain products. A compelling landing page should create interest and convince customers to take a specific action.
Top 5 Tips to Create a Successful Landing Page
1. Focus on Your Action Item: Before you start building, you want to decide what action you want your visitors to take. Are you looking to collect customer contact information? Want them to sign up for a newsletter? Purchase specific items from a collection? Make sure your landing pages serve a focused purpose and the action item you desire is clearly understood. There should be a known agreement between the customer and the content on your landing page.
2. Keep It Simple: Long paragraphs and never-ending forms are a sure-fire way to immediately cause your potential customers to click away from the page. You'll not only want to keep your page as streamlined as possible in order to prevent distractions (we're looking at you, navigation bar), but you'll also want to keep your action items as short as possible.
3. Know Your Audience: Your landing page can be used as a tracking, conversion, and segmenting tool. If you see more success with product offers instead of newsletter sign ups, this allows you to adapt future landing page campaigns, create better sales leads, and funnel interests that work best for your business. Your action item should require more than just a name and email address. Yes, you want to keep it simple, but you also want to collect enough information from your audience to be useful.
4. Provide a Unique Home to Your Action Item: Unless your product offers and deals are linked to landing pages, they will do you no good. Landing pages allow your best deals, information, and connecting content to shine as the main focus. Again, think of it as a way to get rid of any distractions your audience might face and push them towards one single item.
5. Make a Connection: Your landing pages should always include a thank you and a follow up action. It not only provides a sure sign to the customer that they have completed their side of the deal, but it also works to build brand loyalty. Here's the perfect chance to provide other deals, social media links, or links to your most recent works (such as blog posts, press releases, case studies, or testimonials).
If you need help setting up your own custom landing pages, the experts at Informatics can help bring your ideas to life! Contact our team to get your project started today!