Think back to the day your website initially launched. It was exciting getting to set the site up just the way you wanted and send your name or brand out into the world. Now fast forward three years, five years, ten years. Although it may still hold sentimental value, your site is most likely not preforming as well as it did during its initial launch. Although it may not feel like the highest priority, a poor site design could be hindering your SEO value and, in turn, be affecting your business. So, when is the right time to redesign your site?
Top 5 Reasons to Redesign Your Website
1. Outdated - As the old saying goes, "time catches up to us all eventually". Just like everything else in life, people tend to adapt to new styles and trends. If your site has an outdated feel, it could turn away new users that are used to new, modern designs. Keep up on the times with a site redesign.
2. Mobile Friendliness - Making up over half of all global searches, in today's world mobile responsiveness has never been more relevant. If your website is not mobile friendly, your website is missing out on a massive user base. Ensure you are catering to your consumers search tactics with a redesign.
3. Speed - Site speed is key. With users adapting to faster load times and instant access to content, your site can no longer just look nice, but also needs to perform. With a website still preforming on dial-up, an update is well overdue.
4. Bounce Rate - Maybe your website seemingly looks great, but is it preforming up to industry standards? A noticeable increase in bounce rate could be a sign that your site is due for a redesign. It could just be your home page design or navigation configuration. Regardless, it's well worth looking into.
5. Content Updates - The tech world is changing every day. Content updates you made six months ago may no longer be relevant. Staying on top of your content, to bringing engaging information to your consumers, is extremely important. If a few years have passed since you've touched your site's content, it could be time to take a look with fresh eyes.
As you can see, it's not just about having a website that's live, but one that is effective. Looks, feel, mobile design, speed, and relevant content all factor into your site's overall performance and help keep your SEO value and search engine rankings high. While it might not be on your to-do list, it's time to make it a priority. If you have concerns about your website's current design, contact one of our website designers today!