When it comes to Facebook advertising, there are a lot of different options for getting your message out there. One of our favorite features of Facebook advertising is the carousel ad. As the name implies, carousel ads allow you to display multiple images or videos within a single ad and users can scroll through these images, like a carousel. Read on to learn more about carousel ads and how you can make them work for your business.
Defining Facebook Carousel Ads
Carousel ads are advantageous because they allow you to showcase up to 10 unique products or services within one ad. For example, if you are running a sale on shoes, you can feature up to 10 different pairs of shoes with their own individual links and descriptions. This drastically improves your chances of conversion. According to Facebook, carousel ads perform better because:
- They allow more space to showcase your products.
- They are interactive, allowing people to swipe and click.
- They are flexible with room for up to 10 images or videos.
How to Use Carousel Ads
So how can you use carousel ads to drive traffic to your website and convert leads into sales? The answer depends on what you're selling.
If you are a service-based company, such as a Doctor's office, benefits provider or nonprofit, you can use carousel ads in a multitude of ways. A few examples include:
- Tell a Story: Nonprofits can assemble a compelling narrative about what they do or how they got started through images and videos.
- Explain a Process: Explaining a process is useful for a Doctor's office wanting to explain how a flu shot works or a web design company interested in breaking down the steps from discovery to launch.
- Showcase Your Services: If you offer multiple services, give each one a card in your carousel ad and drive traffic to the individual landing pages on your website for more information.
Businesses selling products often find it easier to use carousel ads than those selling services. Carousel ads are especially beneficial if you have an e-commerce platform. Whether you're running a sale or discontinuing a product line, carousel ads offer ample opportunity to feature individual products and increase online sales. In fact, we have found success advertising for an e-commerce client and have seen an average of 1,300% ROI on carousel ads!
Ready to get started with carousel ads? Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind.
- Limit the amount of text in your photos. Facebook has a strict rule against boosting ads where text covers more than 25% of the image. Use the image to catch the user's eye and the description to convert.
- Optimize your links. Take advantage of the individual link capabilities by linking each card (image) in your carousel ad to a unique landing page. This will be sure to increase your ROI.
- Allow Instagram to show your ads. If you have an Instagram account for your business, make sure to connect it with Facebook. This will allow you to show your carousel ads on Instagram as well. If you don't have an account, Facebook will still allow the option to show your ads on a pseudo Instagram account.
The Informatics Digital Marketing Team is well-versed in Facebook advertising, specifically Facebook carousel ad creation and optimization. If you would like to learn more or launch a carousel ad for your business, contact Informatics Inc. today.
Check out our case study on Facebook Carousel Ads.