The New Year is on our doorstep. Now is the perfect time to take a step back and review all your digital marketing strategies and check the market pulse to make sure you aren't missing out on profitable trends such as affiliate marketing. Over the last few years, affiliate marketing has been taking the E-Commerce world by storm, and 2017 was no different. In the last year alone, search interest for the term 'Affiliate Marketing' has grown 30% and it is estimated that 15% of all online orders are generated through this lucrative digital marketing method (MediaKix).
Even though the holiday shopping season is not complete, it is clear that there has been strong growth in online and ,particularly, mobile sales. According to the affiliate networking company CJ by Conversant, affiliate revenue increased 45% during over 2016 during Holiday Peak Week (November 20-17) with Sunday before Cyber Monday increasing in popularity (CJ Article).
As the numbers finish rolling in from end of the year shopping, it is time to take a look at the predictions for what affiliate has in store for 2018. Gene Prussakov of AM Navigator interviewed several experts in the field for their predictions. Here are a few excerpts:
- Increases in Influencer Marketers joining the Affiliate space led by the enhancements made over the last year in cross-device tracking
- Continued growth in international markets
- More emphasis on Lifetime value of customers
- Adjustment in Coupon/Deal sites strategies now that Google SERPs have begun returning coupons
- Additional emphasis on cookie duration and commission exempt items
To see the full expert predictions visit the AM Navigator Blog.
For more information about how to apply affiliate marketing to your online strategy, contact Informatics.