We’ve scoured the web and gathered 10 social media statistics that we believe will help with your overall marketing strategy.
1. In the last year, social media usage by users aged 55-64 increased by more than 100% (GlobalWebIndex)
- Tip: Having a product with an older demographic is no longer an excuse for not being on social media. It is time to create an account!
2. 75% of Twitter’s monthly active users access the social network from a mobile device (Mashable)
- Tip: Your Twitter followers are on the go. Post quick, mobile-friendly, easy to digest tweets
3. Between June 2012 and May 2013, there were 7.5 million promoted posts on Facebook (Facebook)
- Tip: Jump on the bandwagon, look into promoting your best posts
4. YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network (YouTube)
- Tip: YouTube is a powerful entity. Post your commercials here and create cost-effective made-for-YouTube videos
5. More than 3 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages (LinkedIn)
6. 40 million Instagram photos are posted per day (Digital Marketing Ramblings)
7. Pinterest is the fastest growing social network at a growth rate of 88% in the last year (GlobalWebIndex)
8. 70% of brands have a presence on Google+ (SocialMediaToday)
- Tip: Get on these sites!
9. Weekends are the most popular time for Vine shares and the hour in the day during which most vines are sent is 10-11am (Media Bistro)
10. Social media generates almost double the marketing leads of trade shows, telemarketing, daily mail, or PPC (Media Bistro)
We hope these statistics will help you with your overall social media strategy. If you do not have the time or resources to take on your social media strategy yourself, Informatics Inc. is happy to assist.
Be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!