At the center of any Google AdWords campaign are the keywords and ad content. To create effective keywords and ad content, you need to do your research ahead of time.
How to Determine AdWords Keywords
Here are some easy steps to follow when determining what keywords you should target for your campaign. Depending on your budget per day, you need to be strategic about which keywords you plan to target.
- Create a list of keywords that you think apply to your product, service or ad.
- Use AdWords' keyword planner tool to determine monthly search estimates and a suggested bid., in addition to keyword suggestions.
- Repeat this process until you have determined which keyword to select.
There are a couple best practices to keep in mind when selecting your keywords:
- An ad group should have 5-20 keywords
- 2-3 words are most efficient
- Make sure to select keywords that you can write about because you will want to incorporate these into the landing page
How to Create AdWords Ad Text
When creating your ad text, here are a few tips to help you create the ad content:
- Text Limitations: There are a limited number of characters that can be used for each line so this will impact how much you can say.
- Keep it Simple: In order to entice someone to click on your ad, you want the message to be simple, clear and to the point.
- Keep it Specific: To make it easier for the user, make sure to focus on one product, service or offer. Don’t try to include too many topics within each ad.
- Incorporate Keywords: This is the biggest thing to keep in mind. The more you can incorporate a keyword that a user has typed, the more likely they are to click on it. If they see “Tips for SEO” and that is your headline, they will be drawn to it.
Need help determining your keywords or writing ad content? Contact Informatics.