Google+ Terms to Know
- +1 Button: Similar to the Facebook Like button, this is your way of “promoting” a brand or business with one click.
- Circles: You can organize the people you follow on Google+ and the people who follow you, by grouping them into Circles. When you publish content on Google+, you can choose which Circles to share that content with.
- Profile: A Google+ Profile is an individual’s account.
- Page: Google+ Pages are accounts created and used by businesses and brands.
- Verified Account: A business or brand can verify its Google+ page by adding a specific code to their website. This will confirm that the owner of the website and the owner of the Google+ page are the same. Once your account is verified you will receive a check mark next to your name and image as well as a vanity URL (i.e. google.com/+informaticsinc)
Steps for Adding a Manager
- Login to your Company Google+ page from the owner’s account (the email address that created the page).
- Hover over the dropdown in the upper left hand corner of your Google+ page and click on “Dashboard”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see the “Managers” Block.
- Click on “View all managers” at the bottom of the block.
- Click the blue “Add Managers” button.
- Enter the Gmail addresses of the people you would like to give site permissions to.
- Assign them as either “Manager” or “Communications Manager” and hit the invite button (See the various roles available for managing Google+ pages).
- The people you invited will now need to check their Gmail accounts for an invite (the invite may be automatically placed in the “social” tab of their email.
- Open the email and hit the red “Become a manager” button.
- When taken to the Google+ page, you will be prompted to accept the invitation. Hit the blue “accept” button.
Transferring Ownership of the Google+ Page
In order to transfer ownership of the Google+ page to a new email address, you will need to add the desired email address as a “Manager” using the steps listed above. You will need to wait two weeks before a transfer option is available. Check back on your “Managers” list in 2 weeks and there should be an option to transfer ownership to a manager. Once ownership has been transferred, the previous owner will become a manager and the new owner can remove the previous owner from the list of managers, altogether.
Contact us for further assistance.