On Thursday, January 11th, Facebook announced an update that will soon change the news feed for everyone. Mark Zuckerberg posted on twitter a lengthy explanation of the rollout and its intent. "...As we roll this out, you'll see less public content like posts from businesses, brands, and media. And the public content you see more will be held to the same standard -- it should encourage meaningful interactions between people."
How to grow your company alongside this change
Zuckerberg talks about how his business' goal is to improve the content that shows up on any given news feed. This will affect how often businesses are showing up on customers Facebook feeds as well as prospective buyers. Facebook is aware of the importance companies have in everyday life and have added a feature that allows Facebook users to simply adjust their settings to see content from pages more often. The new news feed algorithm will give less visibility to posts with high popularity and more screen time to posts that encourage users to interact and comment.
How to Create Engaging Posts to Boost Visibility
As a marketer, this update may come as a bit of a shock. However, there are things you can do to help boost the visibility of your company's posts.
- Do a bi-weekly, weekly, or daily trivia question. This is a simple way to get users to interact with your post. This is also a great way to display your company culture as well as fun facts about your organization.
- Consider doing giveaways periodically. Big or small, everyone enjoys getting free things! You're also more likely to get more page views if people are coming to your page to check in for giveaways or results.
- Include professional images. Better quality images typically perform well. Professional images are an easy way to boost the look of your social media pages as well as increase visibility.
- Create a company blog and encourage consumers to share the blog on their own page.
- Show off your company culture. Showcase your employees and their accomplishments on Facebook (be sure to tag the employee!).
Making these simple improvements to your company's Facebook page are easy ways to stay engaged with your audience. Not only will this increase visibility for your business, but it will also make your customers feel valued.
If you need assistance boosting your posts' visibility in the wake of this update, the Informatics team can help. Contact us today to get started on your comprehensive social media marketing strategy.