- Instagram is a social media platform that allows you to capture, edit, caption, and share photos with friends in under a minute.
- There are 150 million users on Instagram (Source: Instagram)
- Benefits: ease of use, limited time requirement, and optional filters to enhance the photo.
- Businesses can benefit by posting quick yet aesthetically appealing photos of their products or services.
- This mobile app allows users to share and view 6-second, looping videos.
- 40 million users on Vine (Source: Mashable)
- Benefits: ease of use, limited time requirement
- Businesses can benefit by showing their creative side, capturing peoples’ attention and spending little time doing so.
- Foursquare is a location based mobile app that encourages users “to check in” wherever they go, spreading the word of what’s hot in the area.
- There are 40 million users and 1.3 million business pages on Foursquare (Sources: WebProNews, Foursquare)
- Benefits: ability to get deals for checking in at certain locations, seeing where your friends are at, and seeing who is visiting your place.
- Businesses can benefit by offering deals when people check in and by keeping track of who is coming to their business, and how often.
- Flipboard is a social media app for phones that collects content from other social media sites and websites and presents it in one location in a magazine format. Users can flip through their social networking feeds to see what is happening.
- Flipboard is adding at least 200,000 new users per day (Sources: Flipboard)
- Benefits: ability to keep track of all of your social media in one location, on the go.
- Businesses can benefit by monitoring social media while off the clock or on a business trip.
- While Twitter is not a mobile based app, more and more users are only accessing Twitter on their mobile phones. This micro-blogging platform is perfectly set up for mobile use.
- 500 million registered users on Twitter (Sources: Business Insider)
- Benefits: ability to tweet in real-time, upload pictures directly from your phone, and stay constantly connected with what is happening right now.
- Businesses can benefit from using Twitter on mobile devices by always staying up to date on what’s happening now and being aware of how their followers are using Twitter on mobile devices.
These are just a few of the mobile social media apps available and there will certainly be hundreds more in the months to come. Decide what is best for your business goals and designate a social media team to take on the venture. If you do not have the time or resources to manage your company’s social media, a third party social media management team, like Informatics Inc., can assist.
Updating your software and devices can address many of the problems that plague your day-to-day technology use. Battery performance, Wi-Fi connectivity, and more can be improved through system updates. Have you ever received a text message that contains a box with a question mark? That doesn’t mean the sender is inviting you to a game of Super Mario Bros. It means your device can’t display the sent data. You need an update.
Speaking of question marks: do you have other Internet problems you can’t solve? Informatics has been the leader in “All Things Internet” for over 20 years. Contact us today to make sure you and your team are getting the most out of your tech tools.