Did you have an effective email marketing strategy in 2014? Do you plan to revisit and revamp it for the New Year? Well, you’re in luck. We’ve gathered the top email marketing stats to help you get the most out of email marketing in 2015.
- It’s all about mobile. According to Forrester, 72% of US online adults send or receive personal emails via smartphone at least weekly. Are your emails mobile-friendly?
- The return is worth the investment. For every $1 spent on email marketing, there is a $44.25 average ROI, says Wolfgang Jaegel.
- According to a recent study by Retention Science, 6 to 10 word subject lines delivered the highest open rate (Marketing Land). Remember this when writing subject lines in the New Year.
- On the contrary, email subject lines with 5 or fewer words generated only a 16 percent open rate (Marketing Land).
- The same study also found that email subject lines personalized with a recipient’s first name lifted open rates by 2.6% (Marketing Land). Try and gather recipients’ names when building your email list so that you can personalize your e-blasts.
- According to Wolfgang Jaegel, 95% of online consumers use email. With this stat you can’t afford not to use email marketing in 2015.
- Based on survey data from MailChimp, the best time to send emails is in the morning between 9am-12pm (American Express). Weekdays also have better open rates than weekends.
And there you have it, 7 awesome stats to help you breathe new life into your 2015 email marketing strategy. If you need assistance with email marketing, contact Informatics Inc. and we’d be happy to help.