When a person includes a location in their search (i.e. “dentist cedar rapids”) there is a good chance that the top results Google will show are from their online business directory, known as Google Places for Business. This is a fantastic way to drive traffic to your site from legitimately interested local customers.
How To Set-up Google Places
- Make sure you have a Google (or gmail account) for your business
- Go to the following link: http://www.google.com/places/
- Click the "Claim Your Business Get Started" button
- Enter your business phone number
- If it doesn't return results select "Add New Listing"
- Follow the on screen prompts
Not only does this provide you a great opportunity to be on the first page of Google, you can also interact with customers directly through the online app.
If you need assistance with setting up Google Places for your business, contact Informatics.